Pottu. Bindi. Thilak. Teep. Bottu.

What comes to your mind when you hear bindi? yes, that tiny dot. Haha! I love bindi's (punjabi). It also called pottu(Tamil). Well, there are actually many names for it. Bengali's call it teep. Telugu's call it bottu and in hindi is it called thilak. During my recent trip to India i bought about 10 pieces of bindi. 10RS for one. So 10 pieces for 100RS which is MYR 6. Now, that is bloody cheap! In malaysia, one piece is sold at MYR 4 which is about 50-60RS. Imagine the profit these shop fellas are making!

I always have this feeling that my face feels so empty if i don't have that tiny black dot in between my eyebrows. Apparently unmarried women wears black one and married ones wears a read one. I am pretty sure this is some olden days thinggie. That's it. Just felt like blogging about this. Yes, i know i am so random :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponnuruku (Gold Melting)

Why Does A Ceylonese Bride Wear A Veil?

Feed Your Skin: Facial Treatment Essence #SK-ii