Why Does A Ceylonese Bride Wear A Veil?

So, why does a Ceylonese bride wear a veil? I myself don't know much about the tradition. I wasn't even aware of this until a few posts came up on Facebook. I don't any reason behind all the tradition that happens in a Ceylonese wedding. In a typical Ceylon wedding, the grooms sits on the manavarai (Canopy) through out the wedding. The brides comes in after the "rakshabandham" of the groom. Trust me, i don't even know what the hell is this. So apparently the bride and groom cannot see each other until he (groom) hands the bride her "Koorai" saree (wedding saree). That is the reason why a Ceylon bride wears a veil. The whole cost of the wedding falls under the bride's responsibility. Remember my earlier post about the gold melting ceremony? That is purely the responsibility of the groom's side.
(Image from google search)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponnuruku (Gold Melting)

Feed Your Skin: Rice Bran & Soy Bean essence #NATURALSBYWATSONS