Sri Lanka 2014

I never thought I will be saying this now but yes! I really miss Sri Lanka and I really want to go back there. I came back a week ago. Was on a tour for 10 days. The food was just simply amazing! I went to Colombo-Anuradhapura-Jaffna-Kandy-NuwaraEliya-Katargarama-Beruwala-Colombo. The hotels were also so amazing! I stayed in Earl Regent Hotel in Kandy and i fell in love with the hotel and the food. The buffet was just mindblowing! Lucky we decided to have buffet dinner that night :-) Another place which i loved was Nuwara Eliya! It is also called as little England. It was so cold that we need to switch on the heater.

I also went to several historical temples in which is stated in the Epic Ramayana. I saw the place where Seeta was forced to jump into the fire, I also saw the stream in which it is believed that Seeta bathed there. In Jaffna, due to the war that happened for 20 years, so many house were bombed and left abandon. It is so sad to see all this. My native is Jaffna and I still have several relatives over there. Even their houses were bombed a couple of times

I don't really enjoy pittu, idiyappam or thosai that much. Yes, you heard that. But after going to Sri Lanka i felt in love with their thosai. Totally different than what we get here. Even their brown idiyappam is so yummy. I ate so much that i put on about 2 kgs when i got back. LOL

Shopping wise, the only thing that was worth it was their sarees. Cheaper than what we pay here. However, it not as cheap as India though. Anarkilis were expensive there, almost the same price as as what we get here. The pottus are definitely freaking cheap! Less than 1MYR for one and here I pay about 3-4MYR for one freaking pottu!

Conclusion: I WANT TO GO BACK TO SRI LANKA SO BADLY AGAIN! Mainly for its FOOD and also a bit of SHOPPING :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ponnuruku (Gold Melting)

Why Does A Ceylonese Bride Wear A Veil?

Feed Your Skin: Facial Treatment Essence #SK-ii